THANKS FOR VISITING!
We’re excited to be overhauling BuildGreen’s identity and website. Please bear with us! For immediate help, please connect with us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At BuildGreen Solutions Inc. we specialize in bringing sustainability to bear on urban land development.
- Sustainability in real estate development is our whole and only reason for being.
- Our unique expertise is in making green real estate financially successful. This means starting with a solid understanding of the market, its desires, and its priorities.
- We are not just consultants. As a subsidiary of Windmill Developments, our expertise and experience is in doing sustainable real estate development and not just advising. We partner with clients to make great green things happen.
- Our view and understanding of sustainability is broad and deep, ranging from traditional “green” considerations to the human and social experience of development.
- We excel with bold sustainability goals.
- Our expertise includes leadership through major project parameters, including development financials, city approvals, design, technical performance, project management, and community engagement.
- A hands-on team of senior consultants is involved in every project from beginning to end.
- We are currently working with Windmill Developments to create Canada’s first One Planet Community – and one of the world’s greenest multi-use communities – at Ottawa’s “Zibi”. Although the site was very complex and involved multiple stakeholder groups (two cities, two provinces, NCC, Conservation Authority, Heritage, Brownfields and two First Nations groups), the rezoning was achieved within 6 months.
- “The Currents”, in Ottawa, was among the first projects in Ontario to incorporate a solar wall, and capture rainwater to flush toilets.
- “Aqua + Vento”, in Calgary, was the first mixed use residential building in North America to achieve LEED Platinum.
- “The Eddy”, also in Ottawa, will incorporate Ontario’s first (and Canada’s second) underground puzzle parking system, which will use 60% less space and keep emissions outside the building, and will also be among the first condominium projects to include a geothermal heating system.
- “Dockside Green”, in Victoria, was recognized by the Clinton Foundation as one of the greenest sixteen developments around the world.
Our experience is
broad and deep.
- Involvement in over 100 green building projects, from new construction to existing buildings, neighbourhood and campus developments, and commercial retrofits.
- Certification Review for more than 50 projects with the Green Building Certification Institute.
- Extensive experience achieving some of the highest levels of certification, such as LEED Platinum.
- Supporting ambitious One Planet ‘zero carbon’ developments.
- Financial intelligence to make green buildings economically successful.
- Extensive experience with large-scale community-based projects across North America.
BuildGreen Solutions’ partners and staff are senior, experienced professionals with a holistic understanding of sustainability challenges and solutions. Our expertise includes all aspects of real estate planning, development, and sustainability – from finance to operations, air quality to energy efficiency, and from strategic policy to implementation. We have successfully grappled with tough choices, met budgets and schedules, and delivered innovative, cutting-edge projects. We bring maturity and experience to our clients’ pursuit of sustainability.
Please let us know how we can help! Email us at email@example.com.
Proud to be a Windmill company!